Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 2 of my Quest




Hello Everyone,

Que en el FREAKING MUNDO!!! (What in freaking world - thanks Cameron Bell for the translation)
Life here in the CCM is great as ever!! Not as many crazy stories this week but it still was a great time! I have a bit of a cold right now but it is starting to go away so I can finally hear people talking again which is great!! Here is a break down of the week:
The rest of last week wasn't too exciting, 14 hours of studying a day and a few laughs here and there was a typical week. On one of the days a member of my district shared a scripture with me because he could tell I was getting frustrated with the language, he shared with me Hebrews 10: 35-39. It is a great scripture, it talks about being PATIENT and having confidence in what you are doing, if you have time you should read it. I Love it.
Last Saturday we were able to leave the CCM for about 6 hours and go out and actually Prosylite!! It was a fantastic expeirence for a few reasons. First, we got out of the prison aka the CCM. That is always fun. Second, we were actually going and talking to people, in Spanish, about the gospel, which is way awesome even though I only know a little bit of Spanish. Third, We were able to meet a bunch of church members in a tiny ward in the Peru South mission. The city we went to was called Las Delicias. (it definitely was not delicious) They were some of the most humble people I had ever met. They literally had nothing and were willing to give everything to help us missionaries. I absoulety loved meeting them and talking with them as much as I could. I wont say much about the city itself, if you would like to know about it go look it up on Google maps or something, but I will just say, VERY HUMBLING.... While we were out there my companion was Elder Pearce,  he is from Kaysville, UT and left yesterday for his mission in Arequipa, I think, or Cuzco, I cant remember. Anyway, he was a great guy to learn from, we were able to share the gospel with some very willing people. It was nice to be able to hear what a true Peruvian talks like, speed and accent, etc. I still have a LONG WAY to go to be that quick, but I was able to understand them pretty well to my surprise. I absolutely loved being out in a city and being able to converse with people about Jesus Christ and his Atonement and how important it is so we can all live together as families in the eternities. Seriously a great feeling and they all loved learning about what we were talking about. So that was a fun experience.
Sunday was Fast Sunday and it was amazing to hear some of the testimonies from some of the missionaries who were leaving. There are a lot of very talented and very spiritually prepared young men in this CCM. Very happy to be here with them and to learn their stories and to share mine with them.
Monday we went to Interpol!! (for good reasons of course) me and Elder Bush went together this time and again, it was nice to get out of the CCM.  We were there for about 4 hours working on our visas with a few Hermanas as well. On the way back we convinced our driver to stop at Pizza Hut to grab a pizza, but they were closed, fortunately, Burger King was open next door and we were able to get some american food. I have never been so happy to eat at Burger King, not gonna lie. It was amazing. The Orange Fanta here is the best thing known to man, other than the gospel. It tastes like Orange Sour Patch Kids. HEAVENLY!! When we got back we didn't tell the rest of our district that we had gotten american food because technically we weren't suppose to stop. But, the rest of the district went yesterday and they all tried to stop at Pizza Hut, but again, it was closed because they got their too early. They didn't go over to Burger King like we did so we ended up telling them that we were able to eat and they were all way jealous. It was really funny.
Today, being P-Day, we were able to go to the temple and out into the city of La Molina, (one of the most wealthy places in Lima) I absolutely love the temple. They are some of the most beautiful man made creations we have in this world. Going there really brings peace to the soul and allows us all to rejuvenate our bodies for the upcoming week. It is such a peaceful place to be and to think and pray for all those you love, (AKA all of you reading this) After the temple we went to a place called Totus, which is like a large supermarket. It is really nice actually I was very surprised. I was able to buy a 3 LITER BOTTLE of the Orange Fanta that I fell in love with. Yeah they have 3 liter bottles down here. It is insane. Not sure why the states haven't caught on to that. Aren't we the fattest nation in the world?? Shouldn't we have those everywhere??
But overall I am really loving it here. The district is doing really well. No one has gone home and I am becoming really close with all of them here. I am really glad we are all here on the mission at the same time. All the elders are really close with one another and we have a great time helping each other learn the language and learn the gospel at the same time! I am so happy I can be here and learn and help these guys grow and become closer to Christ. It is an experience like nothing else. I love you all and appreciate all the support you have given me. Keep on writing I love reading your emails even if I don't have time to respond I still am able to read them. I am taking lots of pictures to send home so only a month more and you will be able to see my crazy adventures down here in Peru!!
Til next week, mucho amor por todos, (much love to you all - thank you Lauren Bell for the translation)
Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment