Friday, November 21, 2014

Hello From Tingo with Love

Hello Y"all .....Sorry for being so slow in updating this week
How is everyone doing? Life in Tingo is great! It has now entered the Rainy Season here in Peru, and oh boy does it rain!!
So I think almost everyday this week it has rained at least a little bit. Some days a lot more than others that is for sure. But it feels really good because it use to be hot and humid now it is just humid. I have sent a few pictures of the mountains that i get to look at every morning. They are really pretty.
So anyway. This week was very interesting..
The beginning of the week I was super excited that I was going to get to baptize Amado. We went out to Aucayacu to visit and conduct the interview. After the interview Amado asked his cousin who had helped him meet with the missionaries, to baptize him. At first, I was a little upset I am not gonna lie. I was really looking forward to having my first baptism. But then after I thought about it, it doesnt matter who does the baptism, just that it is actually being done. Then, Friday night we got a phone call from Julio, Amados cousin, saying he would not be able to make it to the baptism that he had to go far away for a family emergency. So then I was told I would be the one donig it. What a quick turn of feelings, again haha. Anyway, the baptism was awesome, I said the ordiance correctly in spanish the first time so that was good too haha.It was a great experence to have.
Taylor's 1st Baptism November 15, 2014

Taylor, Amado, & Elder Recalde

Taylor & Elder Bush's 1st Baptism November 15, 2014
 
We now have 10 new investigators and 4 working towards baptismal dates int he month of November and the beginning of December. We have a ton of work to do here with our new Ward and helping them build a foundation that will last past the time us missionaries are here. But this is the fun part of missionary work. Leaving your mark, in a good way, on an entire ward by helping them build a foundation for them to work off of.
Anyway, other than that, not a whole lot. Transfers are tomorrow, but I dont think we will have any changes in our companionships here, since elder Bush and I aare still training. But we are getting two new missionaries in Tingo Maria tomorrow so that will be exciting. 6 missionaries will help a ton with how much work we have to do here. So I am excited for that change.
 
*** I thought I would share photo's of T's new friend, yes it is dead - thank goodness, but EWWWWWWWWWWW, icky!!!!


This week's NEW friend

Big and Icky!!!!!
 
I hope you are all doing good! I pray for you all all the time, Talk to you next week!!

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment