Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Just another week!!!

Hey all!!
 
Hope everyone is doing well back home, this week has been pretty good. Not a whole lot going on. We spent half of last week in Huanuco for the Multi Zone conference with President so we didnt have a whole lot of work when we got back.
 
Here are some Photos from one our P-Day's...


T at the Waterfall and "PhotoBomb" by Elder Bush!!!
 
T and his Missionary "Crew of Elders" :)

T on "Top of the World"
 
We are ready to baptize Amado this weekend!! I am way pumped and he is too! Such a cool kid! But we wont be doing it in a river. It was gonna be too complicated for his family so we will just be doing it in the font at the church. Still way cool!
 
We have 3 new investigators this week that are probably gonna join the church. They have a strong desire to learn about God and the book of mormon so I feel really good about them. Roxanna, Flor, and Jessica. They all three know the bible pretty well. Which is why accepting the book of mormon is fairly easy for them. They know that God speaks to all his children and stated that in the bible many times. So they are progressing very well.
 
I am doing really good. The spanish is difficult, I have an experience to share haha... So Roxanna lives in Aucayacu, which is about an hour away from Tingo, we go there once a week to teach members and investigators. Last week when we went out there, we taught her about the Restoration. As I was talking, she made a face as if someone had dragged their nails down a chalkboard, and said "your spanish makes me have pain in my heart." I understood the words, but apparently I didnt understand how she meant it. I was completely offended. I was like in my head, "yeah I know, I have been here two months, the gift of tongues doesnt work over night!!" But later that night, when my companion decided to finally tell me, she didnt mean it as an offense, she meant it as, I feel your pain in learning a language, keep trying, I feel your frustration, but dont worry it will get better soon. I wish he would have told me like 3 hours earlier because for the next three hours all I could think about was how bad my spanish was. But in reality in two months, I have learned a lot of spanish. So I am not frustrated anymore and understand what she meant.

Does anyone miss this funny face???






 
 
One last thing, Thunderstorms in Tingo rock! It is so loud and rains so hard. I love it. I think about home all the time when I hear them because I love thunderstorms a lot! Last night I swear lightning hit like next door because our room was shaking. It was way crazy! (don't worry mom, I am protected by like 2 feet think cynderblock walls in my room).
 
Other than that not a whole lot is happen here. Next week I will have pictures of the baptism to send home I am way happy about that.

"Say hello to my little friend"...


From Dogs to Monkey's
 
Love you all and hope everyone is well!!
 
Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment