Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hola de Carhuamayo!!!

Well,
 
Transfers came and went, and I am now in Carhuamayo. This word is Quetchuan, it means Yellow Water or River!! HAHAH. Our water is not yellow though it is filtered and in a box, so dont worry. Last week I said goodbye to the nice warm humid green weather, and I have entered the Zone of Cerro de Pasco. Yes, the highest city in the world.... I am absolutely freezing my buns off up here but when the sun is out it can get really, hot, it is really weird.
 
 



 
 
My new companion is Elder Moraga, es de Nicaragua. He is really cool! Only speaks Spanish, it is ok though he is helping me learn spanish a lot more quickly than I was in Tingo. Elder Recalde is a very good missionary, we got along great but I didn't feel he was very good at helping me with the language and I didn;t feel I was getting the trainging that I needed, so I asked President Henderson kindly for a change of companions. I came here to be the best missionary I can be, and to help as many people as I possibly can.......SO now I am in CARHUAMAYO.
 
This week has been awful sorry to say. I have been sick becasue of the altitude. The first day was not bad at all, but then Thursday came around and I had a pounding headache, and body aches everywhere. The headache is slowly disappearing but the body aches are increasing. I can hardly walk my knees hurt, and my back has started to hurt too. My intestines have not taken kindly to the increased altitude either. So I havent been able to eat normally. I have been told it will pass. None of the medicine they give me seems to be helping. So I will be in contact with the Health secretary today. DONT WORRY I am still a live, just need a little help from the medicine man haha.
 
I dont have many photos this week so I probably wont be sending any. I hope everyone back home enjoys their Thanksgiving dinner and black friday shopping. I will just be praying to eat a whole meal haha.
 

I love you all and thank you all for your support.
Happy Holidays to you!

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment