Wednesday, December 3, 2014

No soy Chino, No soy Manco, Soy Mono, Nogra Kaica Auquin Bell

Yeah so I will explain that title - No soy Chino line means, I am not Chinese ( I don't eat a lot of rice here because they give you two mountains of it at a time) No soy Manco, I am not without hands (the Pensionista is really funny and called me a MANCO when I didn't like to use my hands to eat the piece of chicken, I would rather use a knife) Soy Mono, I am a Monkey  (because I love bananas hahaha, they have a million of them in Peru and I love to eat them) and Nogra Kaica in Quetchua means, My name is... and then Auquin means Elder in Quetchua.
Yes this week has been much better than last, I am finally feeling better and we are able to get out of the house and actually do work! I am really excited to be here in Carhuamayo, now that I am aclimated to the climate, altitude, and weather. My companion is really cool. He ONLY speaks Spanish, but that is ok, it forces me to learn Spanish more rapidly.
 
Right now we are working with two families towards baptism. It is an exciting thing to see the light bulb go off in someones head. Both families need to get married before they can be baptized, which is a giant problem down here in Peru. Probably all of South America really. But they all are really excited about the gospel and the teachings in the Book of Mormon and how they too will help them grow closer to Christ and recieve eternal life. I am really excited for both families.
 
A few "First Time" things for me have happened here in Peru -
 
#1 - the flash flood we had in Tingo Maria where our street had 3 feet or more of water in it.
#2 - I am living in a refridgerator. Yeah... we have no heat haha.. and Carhuamayo is way cold!!! The only heat we have is in the shower, because of the adaptor for heat, and under my 5 blankets I sleep with at night, it is quite the adventure here haha.
Lastly - I am going to come home and be a professional rancher. On Saturday, for our service for the week we went and MILKED COWS haha.. what a weird experience. Utters are really weird to squeeze, but I am thankful because I love milk, so I won't complain too much. It was a really cool experience, I have some pictures of it.
 
And yet another new Friend

Hang'in with the Cows

Learning how to Milk the Cow

Milking the Cow - Whew Whooooooo
 
Anyway, As the Christmas season speeds up, remember the real reason for Christmas, we are celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. His birth in itself is a gift from God. And best of all, this gift, is not bought in a store, or on the internet, but is worth more than gold. It is a gift that is FREE and in turn gives us ETERNAL LIFE. Can't ask for anything else. There is nothing I want more in my life than to live with my family, and my future family for ETERNITY. So when you are out there spending a whole bunch of money on gifts that in 2 or 3 years, people wont even remember who gave it to them, remember that the best gift we could ever recieve is that of following Jesus Christ, his teachings, and his way of life, to recieve for FREE, eternal life.
 
 
 
 
I am very grateful for all of you, that may be reading this blog, I am grateful you have choosen to follow my crazy journey down here in Peru that really has just begun. I know there will be ups and downs in the mission field, but there is no better feeling in the world than helping someone learn more about our Savior, So I ask you, from however many miles away, to remember in your minds and in your hearts, that this holiday season, that is plagued by new phones every year, new cars, and a bunch of expensive electronics, to share the most important gift we as followers of Jesus Christ have to offer, and that is his life he lived, lead, and then died soley for us. Share this gift with whoever may be in need of a pick-me-up or just within your family, the effects of sharing this gift, are greater than anything we can buy.
 


 
 
I love you all and look forward to sending you some more crazy experiences here in the humble country of Peru!!


Iwala! (Hasta Luego in Quetchua)
Con Amor,
 
Auquin (Elder) Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment