Thursday, January 8, 2015

One More transfer in Carhua-Iceburg‏!!!!

Yes I am still here in Carhuamayo!! Yes I am still cold but I have basically adjusted to the cold thank goodness!!
 
I have a new companion, Elder Arroyo. Funny story. Elder Arroyo was my first Zone leader when I was in Tingo Maria!! So it is a little weird but he is a hard worker and I am thankful to finally have a companion who has the drive like I do! Right now we are really working on re-activating members here and searching for more priesthood holders here in Carhuamayo. It really brings blessings to the members when they have strong priesthood holders in the area that can help them whenever they need a blessing or help with a project in their house.
 
Also we have began to work WITH our Branch President. Previous missionaries in the area have just had a bad taste in their mouth about the Branch President, and instead of working WITH him they worked AGAINST him. That is why, I think atleast, the area here is so difficult. But now. We are working with him and things are really turning around. Saturday morning we decided to do our service in the Capilla (Chapel of the Church). We spent 2 hours cleaning the entire church. Reorganizing the benches in the Chapel, sweeping the floors and cleaning the chalk boards. When people came to church Sunday morning, they definitely noticed the difference and the change in the Spirit was amazing. The Branch President, was very grateful, I know this is the beginning of a good relationship with the Branch President here.
 
One other important matter I would like to share with you back home. Here in the Mission Peru Huancayo we have an Elder couple working as missionaries here, Elder and Sister Jones. Right now, Elder Jones has contracted some sort of infection, I am not sure exactly how. But he is really really sick. Apparently for the past 8-9 days, he has been in a coma. The day of Christmas he got sick, the day after Christmas, it only worsened and has been in the Hospital since then. This is all the information we have right now as missionaries here, We have been praying and fasting ferverently for him and are really hopng he begins to improve. I know that through fasting and prayer, we do NOT change the Will of the Lord, But fasting and prayer, helps us understand and accept the Will of the Lord, whatever it may be. We will continue to pray and fast for Elder Jones, his wife, and his family, that they may know that Christ is with them in this time of need and understands their circumstances through his Atoning Sacrifice he performed for all of us. I hope you all will try to send a few prayers his way right now as he is fighting for his life here in a Peruvian hospital of all places.
 
I am always thankful for the support and letters I recieve from all of you. Thank you for your love and I hope everyone had a Great and Safe New Year!


Love to all of you from afar!


Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment