Tuesday, January 13, 2015

This week in Carhuamayo....

Well this week started off Great!! We went up to Cerro De Pasco for a P-Day with our whole Zone! We played Football and Soccer for like 3 hours on a huge turf soccer field. When we returned to Carhuamayo, I wasn't feeling too well. But we continued on with our lessons that night. In the middle of the night, about 2 in the morning, I got up from bed went outside to the bathroom and I threw up, and had major diherrea!! It was awful! But, I felt a little better, We call this in the mission, "Double Dragoning" because we shoot fire out of both ends.... Anyway, I only did this 4 different times throughout the night. Needless to say, last Tuesday we did not do any work. Through Wednesday I did not feel very good. Thursday I began to improve and we went out and taught. Now Thankfully, I am back to normal, Peru-normal at least haha.
 
A few things from this week. We found out last week that our Investigator, Brother Melanio, passed away last Sunday from Cancer. He wasn't meeting with us at the time, but I am still grateful for the times we did have with him and his family. Luckily for him now, he is not suffering from his pain and can now learn of the Gospel more in the Spirit World. I am grateful for the knowledge of The Plan of Salvation God has given to us. We know that we must prepare here so we may live forever with our Spiritual Father.
 
 
Also, just yesterday, Elder Jones passed away from his fight he had here in the mission. I know he was doing the Lords work in his final days, and that he will be welcomed into heaven with open arms for his faithfulness here on the Earth and his love for the Work of the Lord here in this life. I ask that you will continue to pray for his family, especially his Wife Sister Jones, that they may be comforted by Heavenly Father and they may know that Elder Jones is at peace again and awaits for all to return with him.
 
The work in Carhuamayo is improving. Thanks to the blessings we are recieving from the Lord. Elder Arroyo was called to be 2nd Councilor in the Branch here. Which is really good. 3 weeks ago, the 1st Councilor READ his talk from a BOOK. Not just any book. But a Catholic Church book. Oh dear... We have some work to do here hahahaha. Glad to have Elder Arroyo here now. It is kinda weird since he was my first zone leader. But we work hard together to get the work done here and are trying to train the branch presidency here how to run their branch. We have a lot of work to do. But coming from the Mother Ship :) and having had a very good Bishopric back home to help me learn how to run the church, We are able to help them a lot!
 
That is all I have for this week, it has been up and down but we are back on the uphill swing of things Hope you are all doing well and loving life in the winter wonderland!!
 

Love,

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment