Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello there Y'all

Hey There!!!
 
Hope everyone had a great week! I know I sure did! It was a wild week this week.
 
*** Here are the photos from last weeks email that I received today:

Having problems uploading these photo's will try again and hopefully add to this weeks Blog update
 
We spent P-day in Cerro De Pasco with the Zone, and we played basketball against a bunch of Peruvians. Anyway, after about 5 minutes I was huffing for air since we were playing at about 15,000 feet!! But we had a great time. Got our butts kicked since we couldnt breathe. But I think we won like 2 of the 8 games we played. HAHA. I really like having P-Days with the Zone. (1) because they speack English, it is nice to be able to speak a little English like once a week. (2) I definitely get to know the other missionaries a lot better. When we stay over night in Cerro we stay with the Zone leaders, one is from South Jordan, Elder Christensen, and the other is from Logan, Elder Larson. They are both really cool people. It is nice to be able to talk full on doctrine that I can understand with them that is for sure.
This past week we found 10 new investigators. That is a new record for me. The only problem is that, they are all NOT MARRIED and living together. So we have a little work to do with them. They all seem really interested in being baptized and following Christ more in their lives, just gotta get them married. That really seems like the most difficult thing here in Peru. Everyone lives together and isn't married. So we are gonna work hard with them all this week that we can help them all prepare for baptism by being married.
We had interviews this week by president finally. What had happened was that He was leaving La Merced, and a giant boulder had fallen on the road so in his own words, "we were stuck in La Merced for an extra two days." I told him I did not feel bad for him at all. FYI: La Merced is like the most Jungly part of the mission. He then went on to describe to me the Hotel they stayed in. He said they are little seperate houses/cottages that are next to the river. So at night all you can here are the frogs and the river flowing..... He then asked me, I believe seriously, "Would you be mad at me if I kept you here in Carhuamayo another transfer?" All I could do was laugh after he had explained this basically paradise in La Merced. He took my laugh as a, yes I would be really mad. So hopefully that means next week I get to move to a new area!!
This P-Day we are going to be staying in Carhuamayo. Hopefully we can find something fun to do here. I doubt it but hey we can search right?
I hope every one has a great week. Not much more going on here in the Mountain tops of Peru! I can finally send home pictures this week so look for those!!

Love you all,

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment