Monday, December 7, 2015

Cha, Cha, Cha, Changes and more changes....................

Monday, December 7, 2015>>>


This week has brought many changes in the life of the mission here in Peru. I am no longer in La Merced and I am now in Huanuco for the first time in my mission. Crazy to think but I am happy to be here. Another change is that I am no longer a Zone Leader. President has been so kind to give me a little break from those responsibilites and I am just a normal missionary again! It feels great to just be able to focus on my area and my companion and myself for a change. Half my mission thus far I spent as a zone leader so it will be nice to just be normal again.
 
 
 
Where is Huanuco?
 
Huanuco

More of Huanuco


What an amazing place, Huanuco!
 
 
So here in Huanuco I am in an area called Cayhuayna. It is a great ward and it actually functions like it should. I am really happy to be here and there are a lot of amazing people here. This week I was able to meet a few of the recent converts. For me it is always awesome to meet someone who recently has been baptized because I always remember my baptism that is now a suprisingly 4 years ago this February!! Time sure does fly!! I love seeing in them the purness and happiness that they have recenly discovered and received and that they dont have any worries in their life because they have finally found the happienss that they had been looking for for so long. 3 of these recent converts form part of a family, Marissa, the mom, and her two sons Gronny and Herly. They really are fantastic. The two sons are 16 and 14, respectively and are just amazing. They remind me a ton of me when I was first baptized. Something I have been able to recognize in them is the light of Christ that we all receive, but in some it shines brighter than others. In them, it is burning as bright as can be and cant be missed. All three of them are just in love with the things of Christ and they do everything they can to keep learning and to keep moving forward in the gospel. It is so great to see and I just love being around them because they really are always happy. This week I would like to invite all of you who may read this, to look for the good things of this life and not the bad, the blessings you have received rather than the things you have not yet received and in doing this I know we all will leave a little more grateful for the things we have received from our Heavenly Father and we will all realize that we have more than we actually need and should start to share our goods with others who maybe dont have what they need.
 
I hope you all have an amazing week and start thinking in the reason we celebrate Christmas, A Savior was born :)
 
 
Love you all, until next week,


Elder Bell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment