Tuesday, December 15, 2015

HUANUCO!!!!!

Hey all,
 
This week has been great!! We have so much work to do here and the ward is functioning like it should so everything is progressing like it should be. My companion is Elder Villegas, he is from Ecuador. He will be finishing this transfer, so in a couple weeks. He is doing great. He isn't thinking to much in his house which helps us to get along and work hard all at the same time.
 
At the end of this week we will be saying good bye to three of our recent converts, it is really sad, they are the coolest people I have met thus far in the mission. They really hold a special place in my heart. The mom, Marissa, was just baptized a month ago along with her son, Herly who is 14. The older son, Gronny, is 16 and is just a stud. He has a lot of the characteristics that I have and I think that is why I love them so much haha. They really have helped me learn to love more and to serve more and to worry a lot less about the things we cant control. They are moving to Arequipa and I know they will do wonders down there. They really are CONVERTED and it has been a blast getting to know them. We will be staying in touch for sure. It is my wish to go visit them when I finish the mission. One thing that I have learned here in my short time here in this ward, especially with these three converts, is that when you just have the desire to help someone like Christ helped all those who were afflicted, you end up loving them more than you ever thought imagined. This is one thing they don't tell you when you are leaving for the mission, is that, when we leave for the mission you go to bless the lives of others with the news and happiness that you bring, but what they leave out is the giant impact that these people will leave in your heart forever. I now have a valid reason to come back. I have found that this pure love that I feel for them, is enough to sacrifice any worldly thing to help them progess in the ways of the Lord. There is no greater happiness than helping someone progress to the temple or to serve a mission and to have an eternal family. No worldly thing can compare.
 
I love you all, I hope you are enjoying the snow and the Christmas season that is in full swing right now. I am excited to see you all Christmas day!!!
 
Love,

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment