Monday, December 7, 2015

FINALLY August 2015!!!!!

Monday, August 31, 2015>>> The one year mark.......
 
 
Well as I have sat here in this awesome, internet cafe trying to think what to write the only thing that has come to my mind. Is, freak... I am already at my year mark... I cant believe it has gone so fast!! I really wish time would slow down. I hope the rest of my life doesnt move at this speed!!
 
This week we celebrated a birthday. A young man who turned 24. He really is such a stud and a great guy. He has a temper, and is fiery when it comes to the gospel. He loves the people almost as much as Christ does and he tries his best to work. Work Work Work. That is all he does. It seems like 24/7 all he does is eat sleep walk talk and think about other people. He finally remembered it was his birthday when someone smashed 4 giant eggs on top of his head!! What a goof ball. He was so worried about other people he forgot about himself until he got a giant sign.
 
Yeah thank you all for the birthday wishes. I wouldnt say it was my best birthday ever but we made it work Peruvian style! On the 29th we went over to another pensions house and she made pizza for us all and we celebrated with Pizza and hot chocolate. Delicous right? Anyway, The weeks keep flying by and I dont know where the time goes. But I am enjoying it and learning it. I think God is really trying to make me learn patience, But I am being so impatient that it isnt working haha. I know that is an attribute that I can learn but sometimes it is just so dang hard I start stressing out. Luckly Elder Ottley is the same way so we stress together hahaha.
 
We have really focused hard on improving our ward. I feel like my time in this area is about done next week is transfers, I feel satisfied that I left the ward better than I found it. Many times, the First Councelor in the Bishopric has told us both that we are not your typical missionary and that are very special missionaries that have been sent to help their ward improve and progress. Makes you feel good, I would never thump my chest but I feel good that someone has atleast recognized our efforts and they have not been in vain. My objective always is to leave my ward or my area better than I found it. I really hope this ward can progress when we are gone and they can start to spread their success to the stake as well.
 
I am really grateful to be serving at this time. To be able to help the people in the manner I feel I am best capable of helping. I thought back to when the church was just being established and how NO ONE knew what they were doing. There werent manuals or guides to help them know how to do it. Just through pure revalation and hope and patience. Here the church has only been around for 35 years. They are at the most 2nd generation members, what was the church like when it was in its second generation back in the states? Lots of apostate things were still happening. But, with PATIENCE, Faith in the Lord, and hard work, we cant start to get them on the right track to where they can all enjoy the gospel to its fullest and recieve the revelation to guide their families that they desperately need. I love you all and I hope your week is good. Remember that this life is not a race, it is a slow paced jog and we need to take the time to smell the roses and look at the beautiful views that the Lord has blessed us with. This world is for us to enjoy, and to make the best out of this life, so that the next one to come we can be happy, and with our families forever.


Love you all, have a great week, dont forget to smell the roses and look at the beautiful views!!
 
 
Elder Bell
 
***Elder Bell turned 24 years old this week, here is a throw back to when he was 4 years old visiting Disneyland for his first time with his favorite Disney Character - Goofy!

 
 
Monday, August 24, 2015>>> Buenos Dias a mi familia!
 
 
Hello to you all and happy day!
 
Hope you are all doing well this week has been crazy busy, we had to take an elder to the dentist and that was quite the adventure. I will NEVER get dental work done here in Peru. I can wait til I return home that is for sure!
 
Apart from that we have just been working hard. We had a Stake wide Ward Council training last night in which we were invited. It was a really good training I feel. We are trying to help the leaders here realize that we have a Administration Handbook for a reason. The church is the SAME in all the world, and not on in the states and Canada. We have heard many times that this handbook does not apply here in Peru, and that it really is just a guide and nothing else. Finally last night the Stake President said in everything we do we should consult the handbook. This will be a step in the right direction. We have come to realize that there are many people in this world who have fallen through the cracks because the leaders and members of this church do not understand their responsabilities to help everyone they can feel loved in this world. If everyone could realize that LOVE is the one thing we lack in this world it would make things much more clear. The handbook helps us to understand our roles as human beings that we should be helping and teaching and serving others to learn more about our Heavenly Father it is our duty to share with everyone our purpose here on this Earth and that we can have Everlasting Happiness even in the most difficult of times. I know that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ. I have felt their presence many times here on the mission and I know that they love us and watch over us, hoping we will choose to put some more good into this world when we know it is covered with the bad and evil. I love you all so very much, I know you are all excited I have hit my one year mark, but dont get too trunky please. I still have a lot to do here in helping others before this journey can be over. Have a great week!!


Elder Bell
 
 
Monday, August 17, 2015>>>
 
 
No Update this week, he received a whole bunch of letters from Friends and sent out birthday wishes to others.
 
 
Monday, August 10, 2015>>> Crazy week In Los Andes!!
 
This week we had our Leaders Council to see what we can do to better off the mission and we talked a whole bunch about setting goals. As I sit and reflect on the importance of goals and goal setting, many things come into my mind.
 
1st- A goal should be difficult, but acheivable.
2nd- We need little goals(steps) to reach the bigger more important goal.
3rd-We cant do it on our own, we need to involve the Lord in our decision and in everything we do in order to complete this goal.
 
These three basics that I have put into practice here in the mission really helps us to acheive the goals we set with our investigators and within ourselves as well. As missionaries we set goals for EVERYTHING we do. But not only do the goals matter here in the mission, this is something we should apply to everyday life. For example. When I get home and want to lose all the fat I gained from Rice and Potatoes, I will need to set GOALS to get back lookin sexy..... These goals also apply to studying for a certian career and for finding an eternal companion. BUT what I have learned is it all starts within ourselves. No one else can put the goals for us. Or force us to do it. Only when the desires are our own, and when we strategically plan out the things we want to do in our lives will these things be possible.
 
Before the mission. Goals were not a priority for me. I just kinda went with the flow and did what I felt was right. Now, that got me to where I am now, which is great, but all of us can reach better and more worthy desinations if we use the steps 1, 2, 3 in every decision we make, in every goal we make.
 
I am grateful for the opportunity to grow and learn and UNDERSTAND better the things of this life. I know that the goals we place here in the mission, make us accountable to the Lord, and that if we are diligent and worthy, we can acheive these goals ONLY with his help.
 
I love you all and hope you all take a look around to make goals for yourselves and families to grow and progress together. And hold yourselves accountable for these goals and know that the Lord will help you all individually and collectively to acheive the goals you put.
 
Elder Bell
 
I remember him =)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment