Friday, August 7, 2015

Catching up is hard to do.........May

Monday, May 25, 2015>>> Hello Family and Friends
 
 
Well another week bites the dust and I am sure glad that week is over!! WHEW! What a hectic week we had. I think a lot of it has to do with learning and adding in all the new responsibilities that come with being a Zone Leader but needless to say. We have a fresh new week ahead of us and we are doing to all we can to make it awesome!
This past week we had our Multi Zone Conference with President Henderson and we were able to learn many good things to start applying now that I know will really help us progress in the Work of the Lord. Something I have began applying here in the mission is something I read in a Liahona article. It is titled "Opening the Heavens" by Yoshihiko Kikuchi. It talks about having a daily devotional with our Heavenly Father. I would recommend everyone to read it! Here in the mission things can get stressful. Especially when you understand we are talking about the Salvation of every one of the Sons and Daughters of our Heavenly Father. Something that I have learned, is that when you supplicate yourselves before God, in a humble and sincere prayer, you can really start to feel that you are not talking to a wall or a bed, but really you are talking to some one who is listening more intently than anyone ever could here on Earth. It is something that has helped me through the lowest of lows and propels me through my highest of highs. In moments of crisis we seem to want to just give up and move on to something else. But, what if we are talking about giving up on life? There is no "something else" to move on to. Be Here. Right Now and in the Moment. Get on your knees and pray to the one being that is perfect. That will respond without biase, but only with love and compassion for the things we are doing, and the things we are yet to do and to become. A scripture that I absolutely love and has also been a great help for me here in the mission where everyone loves to worship their idols and drink until they pee their pants in the street is found in Doctrine and Covenants 64:33-34. If we are obedient to the commandments of The Lord, we will lay a firm foundation for all of us, to prosper in our days and the days of our children and childrens childrens.
 
 
I love you all so very much. I pray for you all in your times of need and times of excellence and I hope you all enjoy your memorial week :)
 Hahaha, it's emails like this that I know that T has not lost his sense of humor ;) love this kid so very much and am so very proud of him and his journey!!!!
 
Elder Bell
 
 
Monday, May 18, 2015>>> Week one as a Zone Leader in the Los Andes Zone ‏      
 
     
 
Well...I can tell you right now- I have never been so tired in my mission. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off some times. And then when we finally crawl into bed at night, it is never long enough.
 
Now with that being said, I love being able to teach other missionaries how to improve as missionaries and as people too. We had our "Consejo" last week which is when all the Zone Leaders in the entire mission come together to talk and recieve training to give to all the other missionaries. This is something I truly love. It is such a great feeling when you can teach through the power of the Spirit. I remember this Saturday teaching and just being able to speak freely and through the Spirit and I KNOW the other missionaries were able to understand and FEEL what it was I was trying to get through to them. It was a really great training needless to say ;)
 
It was also great to be able to talk to my family this past week. As missionaries we get a little nervous to do that because we dont want to lose focus on the work we are doing. I know that it was great to see my family though and to talk face to face to them (with the help of Skype) and ask questions and laugh and joke about a lot of different things.
 
Right now the work we have in our area is kinda in the dumps. But this week it has greatly improved and we can see people getting baptized this transfer. We are really excited and have fasted a whole bunch to be able to find the people that we need to find and we have been blessed with the ability to find them through our acts of Faith.
 
I know that as we pray to the Lord to recieve guidance in what we should do, We do recieve the necessary answers to our questions, but only when we LISTEN. Listening is something I am really improving on here in the mission, I am sure my parents will be glad to hear that finally but it is true. It has increased dramatically!
 
I am so grateful for all the opportunities that I have been given and I have been able to grow and learn so much during the first 9 months of my mission. I am so excited to see what the remaining 15 months has!! Love you all talk to you next week!


Elder Bell
 
 
 
Monday, May 11, 2015>>> First week as Zone Leader
 
 
 
Well,
 
 
The first week as a Zone Leader was pretty crappy. We werent able to find a whole bunch of people to teach and it was a little discouraging. Anway, it was great to get to talk to my family and my mom and grandparents this Sunday. It was great to see everyone is doing good and are healthy!! I dont have much to share this week because I shared it all yesterday but, this week we will be going to a mission leader conference tomorrow, where we will talk about things that are going on in our zones and how we can help the missionaries become more efficient. Then we get to eat something made by Sister Henderson and some real American food like KFC or Pizza Hut or Popeyes chicken. I am way excited for that. Hoping to enjoy some good food tomorrow and then go off and play some soccer for like 4 hours. It will be fun. I am really excited to have this opportunity to serve and help everyone here in Peru. Missionaries, members and just everyone else that we come into contact with!!

Love you all and hope you take care!!

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment