Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And Tingo was it's namo.......


Hello All!!

I am here in Tingo Maria, which is about 3 hours away from Huanuco. I have no idea in which direction since there are so many mountains we get to go up and down. I think this is about as far away from the mission home as I can get. In total it is about 10 hours away from the mission home by taxi and bus.
 
I am doing great! It is so beautiful here and I am really excited to get to work.

We spent about 2 days in Huanuco after leaving Huancayo. The reason? We had a zone conference and President Henderson was coming to conduct interviews. So basically for two days I didn't do a whole lot except listen to people mumble spanish and eat many mountains of rice. 

After leaving Huanuco, which is the second largest city in the mission, we headed out, in a tiny car with 4 people out to Tingo Maria. This place is beautiful!! I dont have pictures yet but I will get plenty to send to you next week. I am in the jungle area, it is around 90 degrees and about 80 percent humidity. I love it! Except for the large bugs AND lizards AND SNAKES! Those can go to......... away....  :) Anyway, My trainer is Elder Recalde, he is from Ecuador, luckily he speaks a lot of English thank goodness. He is helping me a ton and with him knowing english it saves me from going insane. It is a very large city and we only have 4 elders that cover it. Another newby came along with me up here to Tingo and is helping me stay sane as well. What a councidince it was ELDER BUSH. Crazy that we got to stay together for another 3 months. I guess the Lord knows what he is doing! (Thanks Brad for introducing us before the mission). 

Ok so the past few days in Tingo have been good. Our apartment is.. interesting. Definitley need to do some real American Cleaning in it. But me and Elder Bush will do that definitely. This weekend was General Conference since they had elections last weekend in all of Peru. I guess it is a law that no one can do anything on the first Saturday and Sunday of October except vote. So I got to see conference twice which was great.  

After watching the first session of conference on Sunday, Elder Recalde decided to be a gentelman and to donate some blood at the hospital for a less active members dad who has lukemia. What a wild experience! I am now beginning to understand why everyone comes to the United States. What a humbling experience it was to just observe in the hosptial. That is all I will say about that :) I hope I will never go to the hospital here. EVER...

On the way to the hospital it decided to rain... and rain it did!! It was an absolute down pour!!! Literally 6-7 inches in the streets within 10 minutes. I was soaking. I was glad I had 3 hours in the hospital to dry off. 

Right now the work is kind of slow in Tingo. We have only 4 investigators and 1 baptism scheduled for the 1st of November. I am really excited to really dive into the language and to understand what the heck is going on. It is crazy down here though. They speak so fast, and not very clear. I am glad to have Elder Bush and Elder Recalde to speak a little English to every now and then.

That is all I have for this week. I will send home some pictures of this beatufl place next week.

Love to all,

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment