Monday, October 20, 2014

My First Full Week in Tingo Maria.........


Well hello all!!

This week flew by.. not really but I like to tell myself that haha.. Anyway, Here are a few things that happened this week

1st- We have been able to talk to quite a few people down here, yes, all in SPANISH, it is pretty cool. Last week we went to a town called Aucayacu. Yeah good luck pronouncing that it took me a few hours to figure out too. This is a town about an hour away from Tingo Maria but it is in our branch boundries. Anyway, there we met with a 14 year old kid who had a million questions about the church. His name is Amado. Way way cool kid, he wanted to know more about the Prophet Joseph Smith. His questions basically stemmed from crazy websites and his first question was this, "how did Joseph Smith carry the gold plates back to his house, shouldn't they have been really heavy?" yeah pretty funny but we were able to explain things to him well and he was my first baptismal commitment. Way good. This sunday we taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He already has a strong testimony and is growing in the gospel really fast. He will be a very strong member for this ward as he continues to grow up and follow Christ.

2nd- The waterfalls were beautiful!!! Wow I am sure lucky to be in a place that is so pretty,but it is way freakin hot not gonna lie. Hot and Humid. ALWAYS... I will send the pictures of the water fall home today. See Below.....


 


Friendly Dog that Followed T to the Falls

Taylor and Elder Bush

He ALWAYS takes such BIG bites!!!!!


3rd- The branch here is really struggling. They have 400 total members here in Tingo Maria, but only 150 are active right now. The branch president has asked me to help the ward mission leader organize their ward mission for them since I served as a ward mission leader back home. Really glad I get to help this branch build a foundation in the missionary work. It is so hard for the missionaries to do all the work in a ward. So building this foundation and getting some strong ward missionaries to help start the process will be key.

Anyway, that is about all I have this week it has been fantastic and hot and humid!! I love you all very much. Keep writing please, I love hearing from all of you very much!!

 

Til next week,

 

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment