Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hola from Tingo!.............

Hey there everyone!!

Hope everyone is doing as good as I am!! Not too much to fill everyone in on this week just a few cool little things though!

1st- I gotta admit. Tingo Maria is freaking beautiful. They have so many beautiful places to go visit and such!! I am so glad I got to start my mission here!! Last week on p-day we went to a waterfall again and I think we are doing that again today too! Way exciting. It is nice to get out of the city and go look at the beauty God has created for us!

2nd- So about two weeks ago, I comitted my first person to baptism. His name is Amado (beloved in Spanish) anyway, this Sunday we were talking and he asked me to do the baptism! I was so freaking pumped!!! He loves the gospel so much already and it is so cool to see him understand it and want to keep learning more. Reminds me of myself only a few years ago. We are going to be doing his baptism in the river!! I think that is way cool. Pictures to come after that baptism for sure!
3rd- I want to tell you the kind of food I eat everyday! Usually rice and chicken or beef yes. But every once and a while I get something different. Two times this past week for breakfast, our Pensionista gave us TUNAFISH SANDWICHES!!! Wow... that was a first for sure. And apparently not the last time! That is freaking so weird to me still but I am glad I can just laugh about it. Back home I would have said Heck to the NO! Also we eat deep fried bananas and a bunch of juice, fruit, cheese, and bread. yay!! haha
Lastly- This past weekend we had a baptism in our area. Elder Bush and Elder Angel baptized a little 9 year old girl named Nicol. Was a cool expierence, I got to be one of the witnesses. Afterwards, the ward mission leader asked her to share her feelings and thoughts about the baptism and whatever else she wanted to say. She didnt say much, but she did say this, "thank you everyone, for all your love. Mom I love you so much!!" She then started to cry really really badly, it was such a sweet sweet spirit in the room that everyone could feel. Testimonies do not have to be complex and long, they just have to be straight from the heart. That is exactly what this was. I did shed a tear or two, or three, or four, or I lost count. It really was just awesome. Nicols older sister joined the church pretty recently and her mother has yet to join but you could tell that the mom was moved by the words of her little 9 year old girl. I love how the gospel can change peoples lifes. How focusing on Jesus Christ can make all our worries a little less burdonsome, and let us know that someone knows exactly what we are going t hrough and how we can over come our challenges. I am very grateful for the knowledge I have, and the ability I have to be here and help these people change their lifes through the eternities.
I love you all, thats all I have for now from Tingo Maria. I hope you all have a blessed week and enjoy the time you have together with your families. Continue to remember, Christ is our brother, Heavenly Father is our literal Father, and they both love us more than any of us can imagine.
Adios!!

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment