Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The real Quest begins......................


Well, We made it!!

All 15 of us made it through the Andes Montanas today. The bus ride took 7 hours, we climbed more than 15,000 feet. We took a picture at the very top. I will have to send that next week. My camera died and a Hermana took the picture of me. We have officially traveled on the highest paved road in the WORLD. Pretty cool stuff. I got super sick on the bus. I didn't throw up but I kinda wish I would've. The headache and stomach pain from climbing the mountain so fast really got to me. Good thing I didn't eat anything. But we are now at the mission home. Presidente Henderson and Hermana Henderson are really awesome people with a very very good sense of humor. Which we all know I needed in order to survive this adventure. Anyway, we got here at about 3 this afternoon and it was really hot outside. It was awesome. It was the first time I think I could say that in the past 6 weeks. Oh also, we could see the sun and real clouds that look like home. It was a nice change from the straight smog we had in Lima. Tomorrow morning I find out where I will be spending the next three months of my mission, pray that it is not Cerro de Pasco. That city is about 15,000 feet high and always has snow they said. I am not ready for that at all.... My P-Days will now always be on Mondays so make sure you write me BEFORE Monday so I can respond. Other than that I have nothing else to report for the week, I hope your week went well, I don't have a whole lot of time to write so I will fill you all in on what happens my first week out in the field.

 

I love you all and I hope your week is great. Stay safe and get to the gym.. I am up 13 pounds.. I think it is time I listen to my own advice!!!

Adios!!

Con Amor,

 

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment