Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 5 of my Quest

Ultimo Sermana en el CCM........Well, 6 weeks is already almost up! I can´t wait to get out to HUANCAYO. It is definely going to be an adventure getting there. 7 hours in a bus, climbing up to 15,000 feet and then only droppping down to 10,500 feet.... I sure hope my body can handle that. We have been warned: DO NOT EAT BREAKFAST BEFORE LEAVING FOR HUANCAYO. Apparently people get all sick and throw up all over the place. I sure hope no one in our district eats because I might just push them out of the bus if they start yackin-it-up! Anyway, I am really excited to get out of here and to get out into the field. This week should go by fast.
Anyway, this past week has been a blur, nothing crazy happened besides the good ol times we have as Zone Leaders. We have a few missionaries here that still act like they are 5 years old. It is difficult for me to not smack them in the back of the head, but we are here to learn how to be Christlike and so I am doing a good job of keeping my hands to myself. I have had a few teaching opportunities with a few of these missionaries and that has been really awesome to be able to help them grow and become the kind of missionaries they will be when they enter the field.
 
One thing I want to really talk about this week is one of our teachers here at the CCM. Hermana Villenuava. She has been teaching here since February, so not super long but they can only teach here for two years max so she is kind of a seasoned vet around these parts. One night, we were getting feed back on how we had been teaching as companionships, and things we can improve on. Well, it was Elder Holmes and I turn to receive feed back and this is what she said to us, "Ever since I have been here, there has only been one other companionship that has been able to break through the fake investigator, and reach down and touch MY heart with the Spirit of the Lord. The other companionship was a trio of Sister missionaries. You and Elder Holmes really know how to teach by the Spirit and you know how to get down to what is really bothering the investigator and help them with their real problems." During this explination she was crying and was extremely grateful that we came out on the mission, and were able to help her personally with a problem she was having in her life. I guess if I dont help anyone else out here on the mission, at least I know that I was able to help her. And that makes it all worth it.
The rest of the week flew by. We had ice cream a few nights and that is always a party. We watched a few devotionals which are always a treat for us. And of course how could I forget, SPANISH SPANISH SPANISH!! It never ends. I think I understand it and then all of a sudden they throw in a new tense and I get all sorts of confuzzled. Anyway. I know I will understand it someday :)
This coming weekend is General Conference. We feel very lucky to be able to spend it here in the CCM. This weekend is election weekend for the people of Peru. So they dont get to watch it this weekend. But we do here in the CCM :) We might get to watch it next weekend out in the field too, that would be pretty awesome. I hope everyone tries to watch conference this weekend. I have a feeling we will be getting a temple down here in Peru. I pray for it every night. I hope they get one in Huancayo soon. They have a ton of members out there and I know they could definitely attend more if they did.
I am officially sick of the food here in the CCM. But they tell me this is the best food I am going to get for two years so I am a little terrified of what is out there in the field. Hopefully they are just joking around.
Entonces, this is all I have for this week! I hope everyone has a fantastic week and next time you hear from me I will be sittin on a mountain top in Huancayo... or at least I will be up as high as a mountain top!
Adios con amor!
Elder Bell

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I have been so slow getting the last couple weeks posted. One thing is for sure, Taylor never ceases to make me giggle!!!Missing this kid so much, wish I could hear his voice, see his face and get a hug!!! Love and prayers everyone <3

    ReplyDelete